HAMILTON Heater Shaker
The HAMILTON Heater Shaker (HHS) is a compact module designed for operation on the MICROLAB® STAR and NIMBUS Lines of robotic pipetting workstations. It is not suitable as stand alone product. The HAMILTON Heater Shaker is used for heating and shaking of deep well plates and microtiter plates in standard SBS format (Society for Biomolecular Sciences). For optimal heat transfer and even distribution across plates, specific adapters are required.
- Shaking up to 2500rpm - The orbital shaker allows shaking speeds up to 2500rpm for microtiter plates or up to 2000rpm for deep well plates and comes in three different amplitudes: Choose between 0.5mm, 2.0mm and 3.0mm.
- Heating up to 105°C - The HAMILTON adapters fitted to your plate type allowing optimal heating of your samples. The maximum set temperature of the HHS is 105°C.
- 2 Sensor temperature control - To ensure precise and accurate heating, twin sensors are used to monitor and control temperatures within a user-defined range. A high-temp safety cut-off feature serves to protect samples from over-heating.
- Full flexibility of plate type - The standard HHS is designed for flat bottom standard or deep well plates, while specific adapters are available for U-bottom and round-bottom Nunc and Abgene plates. In addition, Hamilton offers completely customized adapters fitted to your favorite plate upon request. Just send us a sample of your plate.
- Automatic plate lock - Before each shaking process, the plate lock closes to fix the plate on the adapter.
- Easy software control - VENUS instrument control software is used for complete control of the HHS, including settings for temperature, shaking speed and direction, and device performance monitoring.
- In Vitro Diagnostic device - The HHS is an In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Device when integrated onto the STAR Line and therefore regulated by the Directive 98/79/ EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 1998-10-27 on invitro diagnostic medical devices. When integrated to NIMBUS the device is intended for non-IVD purposes only.
- IVD Features
- universal flat bottom adapter as standard (for flat bottom micro plates)
- shaking speeds for flat bottom adapter:
2500 rpm (2.0 mm orbit)
2400 rpm (3.0 mm orbit)
- Shaking orbit: 2.0 mm & 3.0 mm
- Ready for integration on STAR Line systems - The compact design of the HHS is ideally suited for the STAR and NIMBUS Lines of liquid handling workstations. The home position ensures precise pipetting and safe plate transports without the need for teaching positions.
Up to 2 heater shakers can be integrated on the STAR Line system directly and one HHS on the NIMBUS. In addition, up to 8 heater shakers can be operated with the heater shaker box.