Automated Sample Preparation for Metabolomics
HAMILTON has developed a semi-automated system providing automation and quality control of sample preparation for mass spectrometry (MS) of metabolites. The system is based on HAMILTON's MICROLAB STAR liquid handling workstation. The STAR, as well as all other components of the system, is controlled from within HAMILTON's Vector software. The STAR is enclosed for user safety.
Starting from animal (mouse) samples such as blood stored in tubes, the system automates a variety of processes to prepare MTP's ready for MS, including:
- all pipetting tasks
- vacuum-based solid phase extraction (SPE)
The system allows a flexible number of samples within a batch. All steps are performed according to worklists and each process is tracked and written to a database file for further evaluation. The system can be upgraded to integrate sample drying and centrifugation.
- full automation of various processes
- software integration of all hardware components
- sample tracking
- open system concepts allows easy and flexible adaptation of new sample preparation procedures
- MICROLAB STAR, 8 channels, autoload, with iSWAP integrated plate handler
- INHECO incubation positions including heated lid integrated on a base plate on the right side of the pipetting instrument
- BVS vacuum system integrated on the deck of the instrument
- Required carriers and labware