With Ultrafiltration Technology (Macherey-Nagel)
Speed and cost are a major issue with frequently used PCR purification applications. Based on the NucleoFast® technology from MACHEREY-NAGEL, Hamilton now offers an automated solution for nucleic acid purification on the liquid handling robot MICROLAB STAR that is guaranteed to save time and money. Using dependable vacuum technology, contaminants are removed by means of ultrafiltration without the need of binding and elution steps. The incubation of the elution buffer is processed on the shaker in order to increase the DNA recovery rate.
The throughput of this validated solution is 96 samples in 25 minutes. Up to four 96-well plates can be run without user intervention. Deck capacity and walk-away time may be increased by integrating additional plate stackers.The highly flexible system provided by Hamilton can be adapted to other MACHEREY-NAGEL kit types. Further options such as DNA normalization, PCR preparation and DNA digestion are also available.
- Fully automated hands-free processing with built-in robotic plate-handler (CO-RE gripper or iSWAP)
- Processing of up to four 96-well PCR plates without user intervention
- Fast purification of 96 samples within 25 minutes
- High DNA recovery over a broad range of PCR fragment length down to 150 bp
- Validated method available • Process control and security with MICROLAB BVS Vacuum System
- A wide range of other kit types can be automated on the same platform
- Automation of additional applications like PCR preparation or DNA digestion
- MICROLAB STAR, 8 channels, with built-in robotic plate-handler (CO-RE gripper or iSWAP)
- MICROLAB BVS Vacuum System
- MICROLAB STAR Shaker
- NucleoFast® 96 PCR Purification Kit from MACHEREY-NAGEL