From Cells and Tissue with Vacuum Technology
The isolation of total RNA is automated on the MICROLAB STAR liquid handling workstation using the NucleoSpin® RNA Kit from Macherey-Nagel. The system is used for applications such as testing the influence of food on RNA-expression in different animal tissues.
The isolation of RNA from either cells or tissue can be done with the same method following the standard protocol from Macherey-Nagel. The number and type of processed samples are flexible and are defined by a user input at the beginning of the method. A digestion step with DNase, which is stored cooled at 4°C on the deck, reduces the contamination of the isolated RNA with DNA to a minimum, and the usage of disposable tips with filters guarantees an RNase free processing of the samples. The isolation of 96 RNA samples is completed within 60 minutes and the system can process up to four 96-well plates in four hours without any user intervention. Deck capacity - and therefore walk-away time - may be increased by integrating additional plate stackers on the deck of the instrument.
- Fully automated hands-free processing with built-in robotic plate-handler (iSWAP)
- Usage of disposable tips with filters guarantees contamination-free processing
- Optional clog check for monitoring of the vacuum steps
- Same method for RNA isolation out of cells and tissue
- Automation of additional applications like RNA normalization, cDNA synthesis and RT-PCR
- MICROLAB STAR, 8 channels, with built-in robotic plate-handler (iSWAP), manual load
- BVS Basic Vacuum System with Pressure Control
- Cooled positions for MTP’s and Eppendorf Tubes
- All required carriers and the complete method